Ann's Wilderlands of High Fantasy Pathfinder Game
How to make up a beginning character.
Statistics are generated by point buy. You have 18 points to work with. Statistics may be bought up to 16, but may not be reduced below 10 to get more points. After you are done with the point buy, apply racial adjustments. Statistics may start as high as 18 after applying racial adjustments. Then take the three lowest statistics and roll 1D3. Add +1 to whichever statistic you roll. If you have two lowest statistics you get to choose before you roll.
1. Str 16 Int 12 Wis 12 Dex 12 Con 12 Cha 10 = Spending 18 points.
2. Add +2 to Strength for being a human.
3. Cha is my lowest stat and I chose Dex and Con. So I roll 1D3 and add +1 to the statistic that comes up, which is Dex.
4. Str 18 Int 12 Wis 12 Dex 13 Con 12 Cha 10 = My starting statistics.
1. You can choose any class and race you want from the core books, but if you roll randomly for class and race you get a +10% bonus to earned experience. Note that I am only using the core rules.
2. You can roll for starting money or take the average, but you must decide before rolling.
3. Maximum hit points for level 1. Remember that Favored Class counts for level 1.
4. Add two potions of healing (1d8+1) to your starting inventory. You do not have to pay for them. Please keep track of encumbrance. That is one of the wrinkles I like to have influence game play.